Saturday, August 13, 2011

Late night thoughts

We are back home in Colorado. We had a great trip in California. We traveled from San Diego to Redding to San Jose. Lots of fun times, great food, and good memories made. I will post pictures from our trip soon. Right now I am trying to get the bags unpacked and mounds of laundry done.

Here are some of my random thoughts to share:
~California has a law that requires restaurants to list the calories for food. Talk about depressing. Honestly, I don't want to know that I am blowing half of my calories for the day on one meal. I am happy that Colorado doesn't have this law.
~I am losing hair by the handful. I know that after being pregnant it's common to lose hair. I don't ever remember losing this much though. I hope I don't go bald.
~Levi had his 4 month checkup today. He is 26 inches long and 2 ounces shy of 16 pounds. He had shots today unfortunately, which made for a tough day for him.
~Silas starts preschool in 3 weeks! Cannot believe how big he is getting.
~Tried potty training with Eliana again yesterday. She is so not ready. I am hoping at some point she will care enough to try. She knows what she is doing, just doesn't have any desire to do it.
~I stubbed my toe on a chair tonight. The pain took my breath away. My little toe is now bruised, swollen, and slightly separated from my other toes. It hurts to walk which is a bummer because I was really looking forward to getting back to working out after our trip (and the many calories I consumed). Hoping it heals quickly, but also remembering there are many dealing with much bigger issues.
~Sometimes there is so much sadness in life. Broken marriages. The death of loved ones. Cancer. Unknown future due to health issues. Hard stuff. Those things remind me though how much I have to be thankful for, as well as to not take things for granted. It also makes me thankful that my trust and faith is grounded in Jesus Christ. We live in such a broken world. I am thankful for hope in Him.

5 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a fun trip.

I'm also glad that Colorado doesn't require calorie counts to be posted. Wowza!

And sorry about your toe. Toes are little but can hurt so much when they're injured. :(

Nell said...

Glad you are back! Let's get together soon!

Marny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marny said...

Love you friend! Perspective is an amazing thing. And grace lots of grace.

Cristina said...

Love your last comment. I have had the same thoughts going through my mind...I am so blessed! Can't wait to reconnect in Bible study.